Thursday, August 29, 2013

6 things Men need to hear from their women always! read more

During the course of my relationship with my husband, one thing has remained consistent – the power of encouraging words.  No matter where a couple is on their relationship journey, words matter–a lot.  And, from experience, I know that the words a woman says to her man matter more than she knows.  It seems like men often get a bad rep for not using their words enough to express themselves, but I have learned that even if this holds true for some men (it certainly does for my husband), it doesn’t mean that the words spoken to them don’t have a significant impact on their ability to be their best.
Here are five men who know a thing or two about expressing themselves with words, and they are making a meaningful impact on the world through their work.  Striving to be great dads and husbands, these dad bloggers are ready to give props to the women who stand behind them with consistent love and support. Here’s what these men’s wives say to them to offer up inspiration and encouragement.

“God is blessing your hard work.”
Physical touch is my love language, so her touch is most encouraging to me.  Every now and then she will say something like, “you are doing it, Babe!” “God is blessing your hard work!” or “I’m proud of you!” But she knows my love language, and what encourages me the most.  And that is when she walks up and wraps her arms around my waste, hugs me tight, and prays for me.  I can take on the world after that!

“You know this tech/business/whatever stuff like the back of your hand.”

It’s very empowering to have a person believe in you before you believed in yourself. From the first time we met in college up until now, Alondra has repeatedly reminded me of the potential that I have and makes sure to express her support of all the things I do. “You know this tech stuff like the back of your hand. What you need to do is find somebody else (besides me) to talk all techie to!” So in a way, her words encouraged, inspired, and nagged, I mean, strongly urged me to start blogging.



“I’m proud of you.”

My wife, Tiffini , is my number one fan and I love her for it. She gives me the support I need mentally and emotionally, but there is nothing like hearing her say certain things that help keep me motivated. The things she says aren’t profound, but they are meaningful and they make me want to continue to do great things. One thing she says is “Being your wife makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world!” That appreciation makes me want get up every morning just for her! Another thing she says is “I’m proud of you.”


“I have your back”

The thing that my wife says that encourages me the most is when she continually lets me know that I’m the head of the household and that she has my back. I’ve seen more than enough marriages where whoever makes the most money is considered the “head of the household” or “the one in charge.” My wife has always made more money than me but I’ve never felt like any less of a man or that I wasn’t the head of my house and I love her for that.

 “I believe in you.” The most important thing my wife says to me is “I believe in you.’” No matter how crazy my dreams and aspirations are, my wife always expresses her confidence in me. Her words of encouragement give me the fuel I need to achieve greatness in my marriage, family, and business.


No comments:

Post a Comment